Why are stones set?
FACTORS THAT AFFECT OUR CHOICE OF SETTING STONESThe factors that affect the kinds of settings that we use for different jewelry designs are:
- Design or the look… the visual appeal
- Kind of stone eg Emerald vs Diamond vs Peridot
- Use of the product. For example a piece being worn for everyday work would not be adorned with precious stones in invisible set.
- Shape of stone
- Cost of setting and damage expected
- Maximum light penetration or reflection for that particular stone eg Kundan vs open setting
COMMON SETTING STYLES USEDThere are some very commonly known stone settings that we use to set various kinds of stones, which are mentioned below. To read about these please click on individual links...
- Prong Setting
- Bezel Setting
- Flush Setting
- Channel Setting
- Pave Setting
- Invisible Setting
- Combination Settings
- Some unusual Settings
I would like to know the difference between using white gold, yellow gold especially in terms of cost, resale value etc.
Is it possible to see these settings diagramatically coz when you buy a stone you ca'nt really make out what's going on with the setting without being very familiar with them..
Post a Comment